Bourg d’Oisans is a small town in a beautiful natural setting, ideal for hiking.
Whether you are looking for a leisurely walk alongside a running river or a steep uphill climb, there are so many footpaths leading from the town. There’s something for everyone and for all levels of ability. What better a way to escape from your daily routine for a few hours.
How should i prepare for my hike
- I should choose an itinerary and check the access conditions for the footpaths in the area.
- I should check that the chosen itinerary is suitable for my physical ability.
- I should check the weather forecast before leaving.
- I should take with me a good enough map and inform someone of my whereabouts.
- I should be equipped with good hiking boots and warm and waterproof clothing.
- I should not forget to bring water, a revitalising snack and sunscreen.
- I should book in advance my overnight stay in a refuge or gîte.
I should choose an itinerary that is suitable for my physical ability
- GREEN = very easy: less than 6km long and should take less than 2 hours, without any specific difficulties, suitable for families with children.
- BLUE = easy: between 2 and 3 hours long, with a maximum difference in altitude of 400 metres. Itinerary suitable for occasional walkers, active families and parents who are hiking while carrying their child/children.
- RED = average: a day’s walking, between 3 and 5 hours, for walkers who are used to uphill climbs and differences in altitude of over 400 m.
- BLACK = difficult: more than 5 hours of walking, suitable only for experienced and sporty walkers, used to long distances, with steep uphill sections in mountainous terrain
Useful and Emergency Numbers
Mountain emergency services (38): +33 (0)4 76 22 22 22
Mountain emergency services (05): +33 (0)4 92 22 22 22
European emergency services: 112
SAMU (for urgent medical attention): 15
Mountain weather forecast – 32 50 – www.meteofrance.com