Wild and spectacular route along the waterfalls of the brook of Rochail with the crossing by a footbridge
A mineral and green trail with a grazing finish for a spectacular view of the Oisans.
About : Temporarily closed due to risk of rockfall – Bourg d’Oisans – Villard Notre Dame
Departure : park at the Parking du Lac Bleu in the hamlet of Vert
Difference in altitude : 808M IN POSITIVE
Duration of the trip : 4h
Distance : 14KM
Level : difficult (between 700 and 1100 m) : some aerial and cabled passages, a monkey bridge and a steep path with some steps. Can be tricky for the return (be well equipped: good shoes and sticks)
Map IGN Top 25 n°3335 E (EAST)
Starting from the Lac Bleu in the hamlet of Vert, you will continue your way in the direction of the waterfall of Pisse by the green way. This part of the hike is classified as easy. Just after the bridge of the waterfall the departure of this hike will be indicated on your right direction "Villard Notre Dame".
The hike becomes more difficult afterwards, on a steep path in the forest with some wired passages before arriving on a monkey bridge, what to diversify your hike!
A green and mineral universe with regular viewpoints on the Oisans to catch your breath!
A little extra: the path clears to offer you a small unsuspected plateau where the torrent of the Pisse passes, a place of peace before continuing the path to arrive at the crossing "Sous le Perron". This is a balcony path that links the Refuge des Sources to Villard Notre Dame.
For this itinerary, you will take on your right to arrive at Villard Notre Dame. A delicate passage before arriving in the pastures well parked for the cows. You will discover in the passage the few ruins of the hamlet of Essards which for the historical part was plundered and burned by soldiers in 1943, the occupants of this hamlet, maquisards warned just before had just the time to leave before.
You will arrive on the road towards the Village and will enjoy either a picnic table in the bend or the snack restaurant LA GARDETTE which will be delighted to welcome you before leaving!
TO SEE ON THE COURSE
- Large monkey bridge
- Intermediate plateau of the Pisse waterfall
- Viewpoints and flora : lavender
- Historical passage to the hamlet of Essards
TO SEE NEARBY
From this hike you can also enjoy :
- the lake Bleu with its picnic tables
- the lake of Buclet and its VTT course
- the Cascade de la Pisse located just before the departure of this hike
- the Voie Verte (Green Way) which extends to the village of Vénosc, an artisanal village in the Vénéon valley
At the crossing "Sous le Péron" :
- you can continue this hike by following the itinerary on your left in the direction of Refuge des Sources. It is possible to spend a night there by reserving on the site: https://refugedessources.jimdo.com/
- by continuing the itinerary on your right, just before arriving on the road to Villard Notre Dame, you will find the hamlet of Essards with a detailed description of its history indicated at the arrival of the path on the village road.
In the village of Villard Notre Dame, different itineraries are proposed:
- either directly from this village the route n°623 towards Bourg d'Oisans by La Gardette
- the route Villard Notre Dame-Villard Raymond
- the Croix du Carrelet...
- Wired overhead passages
- A big monkey bridge
- By continuing the itinerary on your right, just before arriving on the road of Villard Notre Dame, the hamlet of Essards is located with a detailed description of its history indicated at the arrival of the path on the village road.
- Possibility of making a loop by continuing the path and going down in the direction of Bourg d'Oisans N°623 by La Gardette : beware of aerial passage and crossing of scree.
4 h 00
J+ : 808 m
Level red – hard
Map and GPX marking
Temporarily closed due to risk of rockfall – Bourg d’Oisans – Villard Notre Dame
From 05/01 to 10/31 : open daily.